News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Video Challenge: Endless Combo (everybody can enter)

Started by Cliffdama, 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10

Previous topic - Next topic

BKA

The second one was certainly a visual improvement. Let's see if [user]mreasyguy[/user] pops in in his lunch hour, or if you have to wait until this evening for (hopefully not dis-)approval....

Kev

Yes indeed. Best lighting I could get at 1am but I think it's pretty clear what's going on. Let's hope [user]mreasyguy[/user] is feeling generous!

mreasyguy

@Kev Sorry about the late answer, busy in work today. That's A-ok for me!

What's next?

Kev

Cheers [user]mreasyguy[/user]!

Right then. . .

I spent a while trying to write a description of what I'd like to see for the next trick but found it too tricky to describe clearly so I made this little video instead.

Hopefully someone ([user]BKA[/user]?, [user]The Void[/user]?) can help with the correct terminology?

The next trick for the Endless Combo (#63) is this:

How to Guide: Kendama Forum Endless Combo #63 - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv

BKA

Phffuhhff?

Errrr... "Unload-reload Gunslinger"?????

Kev

OK thanks [user]BKA[/user], sounds good to me!

So, that means Endless Combo #63 = Tapped-down Earth Turn > Unload Reload Gunslinger.

shalafi

I love gunslingers! Leaving the computer to try this now!
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

BKA

[user]joris.schweppe[/user], [user]Sonicpearse[/user], [user]The Void[/user], [user]HansNickmans[/user], [user]Mark[/user], [user]Kendama+cliniK[/user], [user]kendamatty[/user], [user]jordanfung[/user], [user]Dimensions[/user], [user]mreasyguy[/user] and [user]Kev[/user] are all now in the Endless Combo prize draw.

Next trick is
63. Tapped-down Earth Turn > Unload-Reload Gunslinger
Vid demo at [noembed]
http://juggling.tv/13785 ← Please go to JTV for HD/download[/noembed]
Quote from: Cliffdama on 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10RULES
Trick Rules
- You cannot reply to your own trick.
- You must wait to re-enter until 5 other people have done a combo after you set one.
- You must wait to have your attempt verified by the previous setter before setting the next step.
- Use any competition-sized kendama.
- You should start the new transition from the finish position of the previous trick. i.e. You can just place the kendama into position. You don't have to do the previous move, but you can if you want to. But if so remember to...
- Hold the start and finish positions of the combo still for a couple of seconds please.
Video Rules (To help for a nicer compilation video)
- Make sure you have adequate lighting. Please film in daylight if possible. Clips usually look very poor in artificial light.
- Please film in Landscape, not Portrait.
Successful entrants get put in the prize draw.
[user]jordanfung[/user], [user]The Void[/user], [user]Dimensions[/user], [user]mreasyguy[/user] & [user]Kev[/user] must sit out round 63.
Good luck everyone!

Kev

Anyone had a shot at this? How are you getting on?

I've just started landing these now (although can't enter obvs!).

[As a point of note, it seems like a double rotation AKA 2 Turn isn't really any harder than a single but I'm looking for just a single rotation here for the Endless Combo].

Reminder:

Trick #63. Tapped-down Earth Turn > Unload-Reload Gunslinger
Vid demo at How to Guide: Kendama Forum Endless Combo #63 - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Kev

Ha ha! Nice one Void. Nearly there chap.

It's quite a nice little trick actually.

:)

Kev

Just another little bump for the Endless Combo - how are you all getting on? I've landed this a few times now (so if I can do it you can do it too!).

Let's get the thread moving again.

I seem to remember [user]Shalafi[/user] was going to give this a shot - any joy sir?

shalafi

It is way harder that I imagined. I did try it several times, but never a proper hit.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

Kev

I know you can do it [user]Shalafi[/user], go on, film 100 attempts and I'm confident you'll have it  :)

Kev

And just to show how it's done:

Kev - Kendama - Unload Reload Gunslinger - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv

So step right up folks! Let's get the Endless Combo moving again!

Who's in?