News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

RodDama - Thursday Edit

Started by The Void, 24 June, 2013, 10:07:39

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

I love your expression at the first miss, Rod! And those "Aeroplane->instant take-off" moves are great. Every time I try those, the ken just judders in the hole! I must be doing something badly wrong.  :)

Hep stuff, dude!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

NJKendama

Insane work! So much talent. Does anyone know how he did the trick at 2:01 where he spins it around his finger with the tama still on big cup? I've tried it with no success.
Check out my YouTube channel for all of my kendama videos! Thank you so much!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNbUN5CuohYezhzRXgNWl0Q?feature=watch

The Void

"Wrapped Big Cup Whirlpool-> Swap Hand Moon Landing"
I'm guessing that you didn't watch the entry to the trick closely enough. If you watch again, you'll see that there's a wrap before the ball lands in the big cup. I'm guessing that it's the wrap which imparts enough string tension to keep the ball in the cup during the Whirlpool.
I can't make out exactly how (where) the wrap is executed though... Rod?
Edited to add: Ooh, is there a finger-wrap too?
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

RodDama

Thanks for the share, void! I've been out in the mountains with horrible internet access so I have missed the forum!!  But as for that trick.. I learned it  from  the sweets guys while in Atlanta!  The string goes under the Spike, around your finger,  then catch the tama on big cup and start spinning!!
-RodDama!

www.terrakendama.com

NJKendama

Thanks Void and Rod! Definitely a trick I wanna master.
Check out my YouTube channel for all of my kendama videos! Thank you so much!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNbUN5CuohYezhzRXgNWl0Q?feature=watch