News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Crazy Lunar

Started by Kev, 24 June, 2013, 21:16:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Kev

So, I was wondering if anyone has been landing/balancing what I guess may be called 'Crazy Lunars'.

I.E. - like Crazy Lighthouse but a balanced lunar instead.

I've only just started landing lunars but a few times the cup has landed on the tama in a way that just feels like this must be possible - I'd love to see it done.

Anyone know of any footage?

The Void

Do you mean with the big cup in the hole? If so, since a Crazy Lighthouse settles into a Lighthouse (if anything), then I would have thought this would be a Crazy Stilts, in terms of what it might settle into.

...as I type, I realise that it depends which edge of the cup was in the hole, so it could indeed be a Crazy Lunar Landing.... or even a Crazy Axe!

I've not seen either, and I imagine they would both be very unlikely and very hard.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Kev

I see where you're coming from Void . . . lots of 'crazy' options defined by how they land.

[EDIT *Some nonsense I said here removed here for clarity*].

Maybe my diagram will clarify -

Another way to look at it might be as an extended stall -

I'm sure you've all experienced that feeling when you don't quite land a lunar but the big cup rim stalls on the tama for a moment before falling?

I reckon making that moment of stall into 3 seconds of stall (AKA balance) = Crazy Lunar.

(I've found something similar when you fail to land an Aeroplane but the tip of the spike rests cleanly against the tama and the ken becomes almost vertical - I guess this stall = the beginnings of Boarder's balance?)

Re:
Quote from: The Void on 24 June, 2013, 23:54:06
I've not seen either, and I imagine they would both be very unlikely and very hard.

Unlikey and hard - definitely. But also possible don't you think?

Would this really be much harder than Crazy Lighthouse? - and I'd guess it's not as hard as Boarder's Balance?

HansNickmans

Wow, I have so many thoughts about this (matter of facts I started two replies and deleted them cause they were making no sense). I'm gonna try  some stuff with an actual kendama and try to write it down.

Whatever it is, I haven't seen it before and I think there are a lot of possibilities but all crazy hard. But so was boarder's balance before it started to pop up in a lot of edits...
Kendama Belgium!

Kev

Love to hear your thoughts Hans.

It's certainly not something I can do - deliberately or otherwise, but from time to time there is just a moment of bite as the rim of the cup lands on the tama that makes me think it could be possible.

Quote from: Kev on 25 June, 2013, 13:50:10
Would this really be much harder than Crazy Lighthouse?
Answering my own question I know but I guess the answer would be yes as the rim is not in the hole.

The Void

If the cup edge is not in the hole, then, no, I've not experienced that, and no, I don't think it's doable.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!