News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

My Easter session mini edit

Started by Confound, 21 April, 2014, 09:28:57

Previous topic - Next topic

BKA

Nice to see your face properly this time! :)
You seem to be really into keeping the flow/rhythm going during sequences. That can be really cool, but don't be afraid to pause if you need to - for a final spike, for example.
Nice 1-Turn LH to Scoop Spike.

Confound

Thank you! And your totally correct, I kinda "leap of faith" to keep the flow going. I'll work on consistency then work on the quick spikes. I just started to get the 1 turn lh down and thought I'd do something I wouldn't normally attempt, luckily I got it the 4th or 5th time I tried. That last shot I just thought to do it and did it first try, well first after attempting a few other tricks. Make sense? Lol.

the milky oolong

[user]Confound[/user], great little run, getting solid with your Around-type cup-to-cup work, really important in ratcheting up your general accuracy. As BKA said, don't be afraid to breathe and focus for that last finish - it's not cheating, it can really add to the drama of the closing trick. Think about the way many of the Japanese guys (and surely others) even 'bow' out of a line with a heavy Spike - even the best players need a second to eye that up.

Know what you're saying about the 'first/second try or die' stuff, been having a week of those too. As a joke wanted to show a kenama friend 'Pavement Aeroplane' (standing the ken on the ground and tugging the tama up), landed a double first try! Something about the 'no pressure' of 'first try' it that means it works a lot of the time. Sweet little tappidy-tap on the 1-Turn LH, bet that one felt good, didn't it?
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

Confound

Thank you!! Thats what I'm most comfortable with  :P. I've been taking my time on the final spikes and I never looked at it that way. It does add a suspense to it. And that's awesome haha! Sometimes I'll be trying to explain a trick to someone and say " well I can't do it but here what it looks like" and then proceed to nail said trick lol. And very true, similar to confidence. When I felt I had 1 turn lh down, I actually did it more consistent. Make sense? Lol