News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Pill Tricks?

Started by Taizpian, 10 July, 2014, 04:00:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Taizpian

Is there anywhere online I can find new teicks to learn for my new pill toy? Obviously a lot of the spacewalks and things you can do on a kendama, but I was wondering if there was a source that could help me work on some other tricks.

Thanks!

The Void

I'm not aware of such a resource.
Try going to the video section and searching for "pill" - it's sure to find at least a few videos for you to draw inspiration from.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Taizpian

Thanks! It's a shame there aren't any archives yet!  I love my new pill though can't wait to think up some tricks!

AlexSmith

The crew over at Terra Kendama are actually working on a video library of pill tricks right now! In the meantime, check out these edits for some inspiration:

Kendalex:

Pill Chill:

Bryan Hansen:
Pill edit 5:
Pill edit 6:

And check out @Pill.USA on instagram. They're a team from HI that post a ton of videos

shalafi

I got a pill yesterday and I'm thinking of doing some edit myself.

I may compile a list of tricks, but there are quite a lot and interesting ones.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

PikWik

at first i thought getting a pill would be like learning something entirely different. like, if i devoted some time to the pill it would hinder my kendama play by growing accustomed to how the pill plays.

that is not the case however. the pill has greatly improved my accuracy with spikes/down spikes. id say, the pill is a great sidekick for the kendama but surely not a replacement.

i'd also be interested in compiling a list of tricks for the pill.
alot of the tricks are obvious but im sure theres some interesting ones im overlooking

AlexSmith

Here's another edit Terra just put out:

Kev

Nice!  8)

Hope to see more of these edits [user]AlexSmith[/user] thanks! I love my Pill and wholeheartedly recommend if you don't already have one you pick one up soon.

What's the soundtrack too?

PikWik

thanks for posting alex!

QuoteWhat's the soundtrack too?