News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Introduce yourself!

Started by BKA, 24 June, 2011, 15:09:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Damage

Hello you all,

I am Ken Damage, From Joensuu, Funland. We have organized Finnish Kendama Nationals now twice. 2013 and 2014 and during 2014 we had Void judging the Kendama competition and during his visit I started to practice Kendama a bit. In August Donald Grant tested me for 1st kyo. Hope to get my ranking higher during 2015.

BKA

Great to have you here KD. Thanks for all you've done in promoting kendama in Finland, and congratulations on your 1st Kyu!

Harrison Thomas

Hey Everyone

My names Harrison, i am a teenager from Canada, and I have been playing for about 3 months now. I have two kendamas, and really enjoy learning new tricks and progressing. I would say I am an intermediate player.
Hope to contribute and get to know some people in the community
Harrison

BKA

Hi Harrison,
Welcome aboard! Hope you enjoy it here.

Trace3k

Hi, my name is Trace3k. I'm 48 and live in Vancouver, BC, Canada. I've been playing three weeks now. I've self tested to 5th kyu and am trying the swing in with no joy. I have a KCS (Kendama Canada) red with rubber paint. The spike is shorter than the cheap J&J I bought (to see if I would like kendama) so I guess I just have to be more precise. I saw a kendama on a contact juggling store website and looked it up on youtube. Watching the pros had me hooked. I can't wait to be as good as them.

Critzdama

Hello, everyone! This is my first post, and I would like to introduce myself and talk a little bit about myself.

My name is Riley Alekno. I am 13 years old, and I love Kendama, I mean, I play it 24/7. I even try to sneak in some tricks during class, but that's not important.  :P

My current Kendama is a special marble-painted Kendama I bought from a friend of mine, and it's very broken in. The paint on the tamma is nearly all gone, and the paint on the Ken is shredded and chipped at the rims of the cups, and the string's outer layer has ripped, and the inner string is threaded, almost apart, but I still use it everyday. I am planning to buy a new Kendama from KenCo, and I'm still debating which one to get. Play or Tk-16, I prefer White or Black paint, or Natural (my favorite).

I love video games that have racing, free roam, or sometimes massive multiplayer. I play Grand Theft Auto, Need For Speed, Watch_Dogs (rarely), and Blockland.

My Steam - Critzdama
My Skype - thecriticalfeeling

I've actually browsed the forums a bit, and I have to say, it'd be very helpful to me! It seems that there are lots of friendly people here with info to share and wisdom to give! :)

Oh, I also forgot to say I am still a beginner at Kendama. Moves I can do include... Earth Turn, YoYo, Swing Peg, Whirlwind, Airplane, Turn Table, Double Hand Juggle, those sort of tricks.
Kendama all day, erry day.

My friends think I'm crazy, my parents think I'm insane, my siblings think I'm delirious, and I can't blame them, Kendama pretty much sums up my life.

BKA

Hi Trace and Critz,
Welcome to the forums, glad to have you both here!
Don't forget to add yourselves to the member map [edit: Oh, you both already did, cool! :) - it helps to connect players, and meeting up with other Clickers is the best fun. Also check out the FAQs on the boards, and have a general delve around.
After that, dive in, post, join in the various competitions, etc.
Cheers!
PS Trace - it's all about the tug for Swing In! See the "Essential eleven" thread with video tutorials.

mlarinen

Might as well introduce myself seeing as how I have already started asking questions and posting on here...

My name is Marcus (my surname should be pretty obvious...), soon to be 28, from Sweden. Just very recently got into kendama, but man am I hooked! Looking forward to getting to know people in the community and being active on here! :)

BKA

Welcome, Marcus!
You're the second Marcus-from-Sweden here. (See the member map.)
Good to have you aboard the boards!
:)

AJ Macklots

Hi everyone. I was introduced to kendama a little over a month ago. I've been a lurker on this site since then. Looking forward to learning more from you guys and meeting players in Atlanta.

BKA

Welcome, AJ! We have a few other members in Georgia. Check the Member Map!
Ciao!

Pally

Hey guys! I'm Pally and I've been introduced to the world of Kendama about 2 weeks ago! I'm lefty, so learning will be eh... and I love to spike and am currently learning to get down Aeroplane and Around Japan. I hope to improve and get better and meet everybody!

The Void

Hi Pally,
Come on in, take a chair. :-)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Trace3k

Hi, Pally. I'm also left handed. I find it easier to learn from right handers because it is a mirror image. Good luck in your kendama journey.

Raptor T

Hello all. I'm Tucker, and I live in the very North West corner of the United states. The most north and west you can go. I just picked up a Kendama today. A Bamboo Tribute with a red tama that just shows the dark grain wonderfully. I've been wanting to get a kendama for fore,er I just needed the money. I can do Around Japan most times, but I've only been able to do Around the world a couple. I hope I get the chance to improve my skills and to learn some more stuff.