News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Introduce yourself!

Started by BKA, 24 June, 2011, 15:09:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Trace3k

Hi, Tucker. I live in Vancouver, not too far from you. The bamboo kendamas are beautiful, aren't they? Good luck on your kendama journey.

BKA

Welcome, Tucker! We're picturing you on a deserted icy shore hugging the arctic circle, in the top left corner of Alaska. You'll be needing to keep playing kendama just to keep warm! ;)
Hope you enjoy it here.

Fireproof

Hey folks,

I've been lurking for a bit, and I guess it's time to introduce myself.  Fresh newbie from the Dallas, Texas, USA area!

I was just introduced to Kendamas and this cool sport last week when my 10-year-old daughter came home from school and asked if she could use her allowance to buy a "kendama."  I was like, what is that???  So I looked it up on Amazon, and she picked out a colorful Kaleb Kendama.

After receiving it, I realized how cool it was and thought I might want one for myself so we could challenge each other to learn new tricks, etc.  And of course I had to do a bit of research to learn more about it and that was when my mind was blown.  Had no idea about this little sub-culture and the amazing tricks that could be done.

Anyway - to keep a long story short - I ended up learning their are better Kendamas out there, so I bought some for me and a new Ozora for my 10-year-old daughter, and an Ozora for my 12-year-old daughter.

Here are the 3 (I know, I have a problem, lol) that I picked up for myself:

- A Tribute Silk Edition (Merlot)
- An Ozora Enjyu Hardwood
- An Ozora 2013 Year of the Snake (Purple)

Here's a pic:

BKA

Hi Fireproof!
Welcome to the forum. There are a couple of other Texans here too. (Check out the member map, and add yourself if you like.).
Hopefully you'll find some useful info here, and have some fun along the way.
Cheers!

Fireproof

Quote from: BKA on 19 November, 2014, 19:25:50
Hi Fireproof!
Welcome to the forum. There are a couple of other Texans here too. (Check out the member map, and add yourself if you like.).
Hopefully you'll find some useful info here, and have some fun along the way.
Cheers!

Thanks for the welcome.  I've already found tons of great advice, info, videos, etc.  That's why I registered.  :)

RyanArthurWalker

Whats up everyone,

My name is Ryan Arthur Walker and I have been playing Kendama for about 9 months now. I bought my first dama (Pink KenUSA Tribute) because my best friend and I are competitive, and I didn't want him to be better than me at something. After surpassing his skill quickly, I was hooked.

I am originally from Long Island, NY (USA), but I now live and study in Cologne, Germany. I have never been to a gathering/jam/competition/etc, and have been looking to do so by joining this forum.

Also, I am a YouTuber who makes videos on just about anything. Daily Vlogs, Kendama, etc. Check it out https://www.youtube.com/user/RyanArthurWalker

Cheers,

Ry

BKA

Hey Ryan,
Welcome!
There are a few Germany-based players here... not sure if any are near Koln... try the member map (and add yourself).
Hope you enjoy it here!

Tsurushi

Hi everyone!

I'm a relatively new clicker (slightly less than a month into kendama) from Alicante, Spain.

I'd already heard about kendama prior to taking it up, but I didn't know there was such a nice community around it  :) . So, after lurking the forum for some days, I didn't think it twice and made an account to post here (I'm also thinking of joining BKA as soon as membership is open).

I've never been to any kind of juggling event, but I've already set my sight on BKO 2015 and I hope to be able to meet you all in person when I attend it.

As for my skills, I can currently work my way up to 3rd kyu pretty consistently (2nd if I'm lucky and Around the World goes well; Lighthouses and 1st kyu are beyond my reach for now). I've also been practicing the pre-Dan ladder (I got comfortable with Ken Saki Suberi just a few days ago) and can land an occasional Bird or Earth Turn.

Well, that's my presentation. I hope I enjoy it here and learn a lot from all of you ^^

shalafi

Hi, welcome!

Good to see more Spaniards around.

Supongo que sabes que tienes a un montón de gente en benicarlo ;-)

Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

Lyeka

Yo! Started officially earlier this month to start seriously trying to get good. My kendama promptly broke so I'm getting a new one this week. Denver, CO!

Jake.

BKA

Welcome Jake & Tsurushi! Keep clickin', keep enjoying!

Benjamin Mastek

Hey everyone!
My Names Is Benjamin Mastek, i live in Denmark and i´ve almost been playing kendama for 2 years.
I´m 14 years old and i got introduced to kendama, at a birthday party almost 2 years ago!
Picked it up, and now i can´t lay it down :)
I was at Eko this year (2014) And i met a tons of you guys, i even took first place at the advanced division, (Most of you guys will remember me as that little guy asking for autographs all the time haha)
Just wanted to say hi real quick. :)
Ben Mastek

Dimensions

Hi again Ben! Going to try and make it to the next EKO?

Oh and welcome to the Forum!
-Rob
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

BKA

Welcome Benjamin!
If you got a grading at EKO, send us a pic, and we'll add you to the register, & add it on your profile too. Cheers!

kaskaderos.com

Hi,
I`m Ingo (aka Kaskaderos) from germany/bavaria, owner of Juggling and Kendama Store in Augsburg.
I do juggling over 25 years. During juggling convention i saw a kendama show with a japanese kendama player and his master (don`t remember when and where).
But there was no kendama to buy and no kendama to play. Because i like japanese culture, budo and its style, i still had that in my mind.
One day i started research to find kendam. So i found Yamagata Koubou in Japan and stared to import kendamas from there.
On european juggling convention 2011 i meet marc from play kendama (it was my direkt booth neighbour), he teached me some tricks and i was ready to get my first kyu grade.
I like kendama much.
Because i don`t approche my old target (menage juggling 7 balls 30sek.) i made new live target: Menage Kendama Pre DAN right and left handed.

So i still pratice on it :-)

Question: Is it possible to getr 2 Grades, one for left and one for right hand?
What you do with your right, must be profed by left hand...