News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Inward Aeroplane

Started by kiasam111, 10 September, 2014, 13:55:52

Previous topic - Next topic

kiasam111

Heya world,

I've just about mastered the regular Aeroplane, so I'm giving the inward aeroplane a go. It's a darn sight more difficult for me - any tips so I can start nailing it?

The Void

I learned a Reverse swing tricks technique from Japanese players. "Don't swing" was the surprising advice. Rather, the flightpath of the ken is initiated by a forwards/upwards tug of the ball.
Check out #10, at 2m34s, here: [noembed]
http://juggling.tv/12517 ← Please go to JTV for HD/download[/noembed]
Try that, and see how you get on.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

To me the motion is much closer to a scoop spike than to any other trick. So, yes, I think the advice is very good.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

LarsVegas

Quote from: The Void on 10 September, 2014, 14:04:25
I learned a Reverse swing tricks technique from Japanese players. "Don't swing" was the surprising advice. Rather, the flightpath of the ken is initiated by a forwards/upwards tug of the ball.

That's also exactly what I was told by a Japanese player (Nakao-san from Osaka) for my reverse swing in.
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

BenPycroft24

I tend to pull up and outwards a little when I revers aeroplane. I find it easier in reverse than normal aeroplane.

PikWik

inward airplanes i can land fairly consistent. it wasnt until i learned the motion for a reverse furiken that inward airplanes made sense.
now, inward 1-turn airplanes and reverse earth spins/j-sticks take me about 1/15
:/