News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Around Tunbridge Wells

Started by Dave, 01 November, 2011, 21:52:37

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

"Reverse Whirlwind Tunbridge Wells". Zowie. Bonkers. I won't be trying this one!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

BKA

And now there's "Around TurnBird Wells" from [user]bonzatron[/user]:

the milky oolong

A sheer delight to watch. Nice ending too. Eek!

EDIT: Oh my, just realized the trick substitution. Welcome to Birdland!
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

PikWik

duuuuuuude

bonzatron is the m'f**kin BOSS

Dimensions

Add a gunslinger between each cup/spike/earth
CJ kills!
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

shalafi

somehow I missed the turnbird from past year, but the gunslinger one is even more insane...
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

the milky oolong

Still not had a clean Around Turnbridge Wells, and now this:

[Mod edit: changed link to youtu.be version, for embedding.]
Kendama Berlin

BKA

Kev

Those are both amazing!

I was thinking the other day about practice regimens and that Around Tunbridge Wells, and its more challenging variants, offer excellent routes to hole control / spiking and general basics / essentials / chops.

What do you think?

Is ATW the ultimate development / practice tool for better (more frequent and more accurate) spiking / general control?

If not, what other sequences / routines do you use?

shalafi

quite insane. I found practicing ATW to have improved my general home control a lot, although I only managed to get as far as the penguin cups.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6033X using Tapatalk

Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

the milky oolong

Quote from: Kev on 01 September, 2015, 21:53:50
Those are both amazing!

I was thinking the other day about practice regimens and that Around Tunbridge Wells, and its more challenging variants, offer excellent routes to hole control / spiking and general basics / essentials / chops.

What do you think?

Is ATW the ultimate development / practice tool for better (more frequent and more accurate) spiking / general control?

If not, what other sequences / routines do you use?

Hey Kev, interesting question. Since meeting Rolf Ganer this year, I've been really into doing rounds of Follow with people (just building up very simple trick lines), and just trying to keep everything tight but still flowy, and if anything, I just *fluff* the easy stuff through carelessness a lot less than I used to. As with Speed Trick B, I tend to get irrationally very uptight when at the later stages of ATW, but I still use it as part of my training routine, especially when on the move (you can get a great 'stepping' flow into it if you try).

I think these videos are proof that ATW is not in any way 'ultimate', though the sequence of tricks and the way the pattern develops is quite eloquent. Still, I have played very long games of Follow, up to about 35 tricks in one line, where the players felt so familiar with the line it was hard not to think of it as a second ATW.
Kendama Berlin

The Void

35?!! It's surely become as much a test of memory as kendama skill by then. ;)
We had some nice games of Follow at Kendama Camp, but I'd guess we didn't get beyond a dozen moves at max.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Peat

Been practicing this one these past few days, not sure how far I've got, maybe somewhere in the penguins.

Is there a speed record for this?

The Void

I'm not going to rewatch them all, but I seem to remember that one of the videos was under a minute, which seems nuts to me!

The Void

Another crazy TWells variation, this one from Jacob: