News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Kendama Berlin welcomes Sachi and Kentaro

Started by the milky oolong, 18 June, 2015, 15:53:45

Previous topic - Next topic

the milky oolong

So as I said in the 'Today I...' section, we've managed to find some Japanese players to join our crew, the wonderful Sachi Tamiya and Kentaro Arai, who have even started a monthly kendama event in Berlin! Here's a little intro-edit we made of our first afernoon running together as a pack. Hope you like it, we sure do:
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

donald grant

Yay, enjoyed that (the line-up of faster than gravities was sweet!)

Hope I can make it to Berlin sometime this year to play with you all!

Icemonkey

The line at 1:30 was soooo smooth. Sweet edit, looks like you guys (and gal!) had a ton of fun! :)

The Void

Lots of fun. Nice FTG line, liked the bounces, the underarm backcross, and the Hook combo.
Good stuff! Regular jams rock.

On the constructive side, I find the "follow the kendama" camera-work quite dizzying. I understand the desire for dynamism in the shots, but it can go too far, I think. The "tracking" shots worked well, but for the "follow" shots, a little less up-and-down of the arm is required, I think, which would still keep the feeling of movement, but less so the seasickness. YMMV.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

the milky oolong

Thanks Void, noted. We were just experimenting with what works best, but in retrospect I see what you mean. I think the tracking shots work best of all.
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

LarsVegas

The overall atmosphere of the video is extremely positive. Makes me wish to join you ...
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

KenSan

Cool video, looks like your getting a nice little team together there.
3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

s070s

kendamatty

Very nice and relaxed edit. The sponge-like floor looks a great laugh!