News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Consistency Competition #6

Started by Mirek, 20 December, 2011, 09:13:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Mirek

aka Bird Control, no drops allowed.

1. Bird
2. Bird & in
3. Smal cup bird
4. Small cup bird  & in
5. Swing in bird
6. Bird fly over the Valley
7. Bird & Turn In (Hold Bird for 1sec minimum. Ball must turn 360˚ onto the spike)
8. Smal cup Bird &  reverse Turn In (Hold Smal cup Bird for 1sec minimum. Ball must turn reverse 360˚ onto the spike)

Up for grabs this time round we have:
Custom old chinese SunRise, Cheese ball, pin and Jesenka (you have to find out what is it).

I hope it's not too hard but still challenging. Merry Christmas  ;)

The Void

Cool list. Practice time!

And that custom looks like a Christmas Pudding with cream on top! :)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

SamB

I need some bird practice. Looking forwards to giving it a go after some mulled wines later.

Still not sure what Jesenka is but this girl dressed like my old science teacher seems to love it:
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

KendAlex

Hello,

Here is my consistancy competition #6
Bird

Let me know i did this right.

Sorry  :P

The Void

QuoteSorry!
Ha! You conquered it before I even found time to pick up a kd. :)
Well done Alex.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

KendAlex

Thanks the Void and sorry again.

Tell me how much days i have to find a next ''trophy'' and make the ladder?

The Void

It's entirely up to you. Sneak another one in before Xmas, or maybe leave a break until next week, or new year? Whatever you think.

Mirek

Well done Alex  ;) Congrats. I will ship your prize as soon as I get to Post office.

Mark

All within a day? Im sorry but thats ridiculous. These need to have a closing date and some sort of quality, or something. This "first one to post gets it" is totally unfair.
British STC: 2008 - 1st ....  2009 - 2nd ... 2011 - 4th
British Advanced Championship: 2011 - 4th

By markool89 at 2011-08-06

KendAlex

@The Void, i see what i can do.
i think i have to find some time to get a solid ladder and a nice next price.

@Mirek thanks.

@Mark, i'm sorry, i did not have the time to enter the past 5 ladders. so i have been lucky that i have the time today, and that i have those tricks in my bag already, so i just needed to line them up consistancy.

Toby

Quote from: Mark on 20 December, 2011, 17:31:49
All within a day? Im sorry but thats ridiculous. These need to have a closing date and some sort of quality, or something. This "first one to post gets it" is totally unfair.

Please do elaborate as to how you think the 'first come first serve' method could be improved upon?! Would it not be unfair if someone does it first and the person who does it 4th ends up winning!? I think you are over-reacting and this list could well have gone on for a long time, it's not an easy one, its just how it happened to pan out....lets not forget this is a bit of fun!
SRC 2011 Moshi Kame Champion

hater

Quote from: Toby on 20 December, 2011, 17:50:48
Quote from: Mark on 20 December, 2011, 17:31:49

Please do elaborate as to how you think the 'first come first serve' method could be improved upon?! Would it not be unfair if someone does it first and the person who does it 4th ends up winning!? I think you are over-reacting and this list could well have gone on for a long time, it's not an easy one, its just how it happened to pan out....lets not forget this is a bit of fun!

I think "first come first serve" is the more fair. Sometimes it take a day, other a week... Congrats KendAlex, I really envy you. When I started to play kendama I always thought that my second kendama will be a cheese but now they are discontinued -.- If only the tricks in this CC weren't out of my league :( I will have to train more! Hope to see some day a cheese ball/kendama for sale or I will have to make one >_<

KendAlex

i don't know what to say, sorry   :-[

@Hater, thanks, and i'm sorry too i scooped the last Cheese

GbH

"First come, first serve" seems fine to me, also.  However, occasionally, in previous rounds, people have posted advance warning of when the tricks are going to be published, so maybe that's something that will help reduce the luck factor (in finding it before others...) a little.

As has been said, though, it's just a bit of fun...

Peter

"sort of quality"? - well Alex, this was Quality :-)

Really impressive. No, that is not unfair. Maybe a little bit of luck for finding this challenge in time (GbH's reminder could help in this case...), but in the first line, at least from my point of view, this has to do with skills...