News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Official BKA gradings

Started by BKA, 08 January, 2012, 07:38:18

Previous topic - Next topic

azleonhart

Quote from: donald grant on 26 March, 2015, 22:13:33
Congratulations!  Put a well-earned A4 picture frame on your shopping list :)

I concur!
Congratulations to you guys! Hard earned practice pays off handsomely :D
What the trick?

BKA

Well done to @Jak for improving to 1st Kyu today. (Forgot a photo, sorry). Only prevented from going further by that mean ol' Moshi....

Kev

Ah, dang! The curse of the moshi's strikes again.

Well done on improving your grade though @Jak

It's tough, but you're a great player, I'm sure it won't be long until you progress again - you've got the rest of the tricks up to 2nd Dan pretty much locked down!

Been fun playing with you over the last couple of days. Well done, hope to see you soon.

:)

Jak

Cheers Kev. I've found an incentive now to actually practise moshis! Gonna work on getting my grading up.
Hopefully see you again soon mate!

Kev

Good stuff. I really hated them for quite a while but now I kind of like them. You've got to lose yourself in the groove.

Of course this is easier to say when you've got some in the bag.

Surprisingly hard under pressure aren't they?!

shalafi

Today I run some kyu examinations at the Trinity juggling society.

@KenDogma got 2 Kyu and Emet, our Irish champ, got 5 Kyu.

Of course straight after the exam they were landing the tricks they missed during the exam. Lovely pressure.

Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

shalafi

I was checking this thread for the other (2) people I examined and I realized that one of them is not mentioned.

Alex, who got Kyu 5 back on 2012.

https://twitter.com/BritishKendama/status/231711401968799744/photo/1
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

BKA

Well done to @samuel.skreamer , who got his 1st Kyu today!

BKA

Well done to those who achieved/improved their grading yesterday. Forum profiles have been updated. The grading register will be updated later.
(More pictures to come, hopefully)

BKA

Oh, and welcome @HansNickmans to the list of BKA examiners. Go see him if you're needing a grading in Belgium!

LarsVegas

I just failed my grading for 2nd Dan (JKA). I only did 253 moshikame. That hurts, but at least I defended my 1st Dan.
After several hours of playing today at a local workshop in Osaka I felt pretty warmed up. I think I somehow lost concentration after my string got tangled and I had to fight to get it free again.
But tomorrow is another day... (tomorrow in a metaphorical sense)
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

BKA

Hard luck Lars. Mean ol' moshi strikes again.

BKA

BKA

Well done to @myhotcaffeine for getting her Pre-Dan yesterday. So close on those Mean Ol' Moshis to the next level. Next time!

Also, we've been catching up on our paperwork, so well done also to @kaskaderos.com, @cello_91, and @SkubMosh for their recent grading increases. Forum profiles and the kyu, pre-dan and dan pages have all been updated. Also, well done to non-forum members Alexander, BenW, DanielM, Nadja, Diana & Martin R for their assorted Kyu gradings.

cello_91