News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

UK Northern Regional Competition 2013, York, 26th Jan

Started by BKA, 20 October, 2012, 12:16:39

Previous topic - Next topic

AdamWest

Is anyone able to tell me what some of the previous winners of 'best trick' category did in order to win... It'd be nice to know then I can try and figure out the kind of thing I'll be planning on doing :)

BKA

Head here and look at Past Events.
http://www.kendama.co.uk/competition.html
Most of the BKA/EKO ones will have results pages, some with the Best Tricks named. But in general think
A) Crowd Pleasers
B) Technical
C) Ones you can HIT under pressure.
A balance of A, B and C should hit the right note.

AdamWest

Sweet!!
Thanks man... So looking forward to this! :)

sid13

Haha I no mate but haven't done around the world in a while so its hard to break said habit but it'll fine either way :p lol

sid13

If a trick is missed in the intermediate ladder is the ladder restarted or is the trick repeated until successful? (if this has been brought up before please forgive my ignorance I've never competed before)

BKA

Repeat until succesful. You can't complete the ladder without having done all the tricks, in order. So just keep going until you get a trick, then carry on.

BKA

Less than a month to go, folks! Get your practice heads on!

BKA

There is usually free tea & coffe at Chocfest.... So bring a mug!
There will be chocolate cake a-plenty to eat in the interval of the evening show.

For anyone entering Intermediate, here's a tip: Memorise the list! It will save you precious seconds if you don't have to pause to read the list between tricks.
For everyone entering: please make sure you've read all the rules, and trick specifications (watch the videos again!). If you do a trick wrongly[nb]We don't mean "missing", we mean "using a disallowed technique".[/nb] on the day, it will only be your fault!
http://www.kendama.co.uk/nrc2013.html

Don't forget to take your opportunity to get graded too[nb]Take every opportunity you get! Sadly, it's all too easy for a little slip-up to leave you lower than you'd hoped.[/nb]. Come early, or stay after the comp to get a grading. You'll get a certificate, get listed on the register, and possibly qualify to take part in the Dan Jam. And if you are planning to get graded.... Practise Moshi Kame! It trips everyone up the first time.....

Click click, looking forwards to seeing you all!

BKA

Announcing a new prize....
THE BOUNTY!
As well as other prizes for division winners and placers, we have decided to offer a bonus prize of £10 to anyone in the Advanced division who knocks out the reigning NRC Champion. So, Matt Nix, beware! :)

(Advance division draw will be at random, so everyone will have an equal chance of having a go at the champ!)

BKA

...Urk, just realised Matt hasn't yet said that he's coming! Hope this doesn't put him off!

Edit: "Matt Nix is going to NRC". Come on you hunters!

BKA

So no-one's excited by this then?

If no-one claims the Bounty, then it goes to Matt (in addition to any other prize he may have therefore won).

ChrisD

Have a great time tomorrow. I really enjoyed taking part last year.  Sadly a number of family commitments are keeping me in Norfolk this time. 

Chris

BKA

Congrats to Thorny for claiming both the Bounty and the NRC title!
Full results to come this evening.

BKA

Thanks to all who braved the snow and distance to show up to NRC. A good time was had by all! Full results:

MOSHI KAME Division
1. Thorny (63)*
2. Matt (56)*
3. Harry
*playoff

CANDLE CONKERS
Sri

UNICORNS
Sri

BEGINNERS Division
Position. Name  Highest Level Done  (Misses, Highest Level without missing)
1. Levii 8 (4,5)
2. Jaz 7 (4,5)
3. Ian F 7 (4,2)

INTERMEDIATE Division
1. Mic
2. Mark

BEST TRICK
1. Adam - Pinkie Lighthouse
2. Harry - Taiyo Swinging combo to Fast Throw Lighthouse
3. Jaz - Bat

ADVANCED Division
Position Name Round reached Points scored
1. Thorny, F 9
2. Matt,  F 5
3. Sam B* SF 4
4. Adam* SF 4
5. Harry QF 1
*playoff

THE BOUNTY
Thorny beat the reigning champ in the final.

Pictures to come from Layna whenever she gets around to it. (Thanks for taking pics again, Layna! :-) )