News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Donald Grant - Kendama String Theory

Started by The Void, 24 October, 2012, 20:18:44

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

QuoteMore deviousness from Donald Grant, showing how to get the most out of your kendama string. With guest teamkd appearances. All clips from 2011, filmed in Fife, Bungay, Bristol and Nottingham.
Any suggestions that I only made this video to get back some hard drive space are entirely false. Enjoy.
Kendama - String Theory - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

HansNickmans

Great vid! I always enjoy Donald Grant's tricks, it was good to see his 'fishing' trick as well (only seen it in the books). Thanks Void.

By the way, how does he do that tornado from the string-hang position? I've tried that a couple of times but it will not spin right.
Kendama Belgium!

Thorny

Really enjoyed watching this! :)
The sequence at 1:00 ish was great and so was your behind your back gunslinger, Void!

donald grant

Thanks for that Void: not only have you hopefully cleared some hard drive space :) but I'd managed to forget some of these tricks in the intervening year and a half!  I'm also guilt-tripped into not having filmed anything new for so long.  Hopefully this can be rectified next week when I'm over in Holland.....

@Hans, the secret of getting spin from the string hang....
i)  practise doing swing to lighthouse from the string hang position (not 1-turn lighthouse, just pop it up to lighthouse with no flip)

ii)  once you've got that, give a pull to the right as the ken rises.  Time it right and you should get plenty of "tornado" rotation.  Hope that helps!

Cheers, Donald

The Void

Hey Adam, it's your favourite trick at 1.55. :)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!